Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Longest Week Ever

Apologies for not writing the past couple of days.  I've been a combination of busy and bad.  I guess I haven't written since Thursday afternoon after I did my run workout from Wednesday that I had missed.  Well, I actually failed to "stay on track."  After my run, I had to go downtown to do internship hours for my Spanish class and I went to coach field hockey for 2 hours straight from there.  I ended up getting home at around 9:20pm.  I was utterly exhausted after dealing with middle school students for 6 hours and opted to crawl into my bed at 9:45pm, blow off any work I should have been doing, and watch "The Help."

Not only did I turn in early on Thursday, I then overslept on Friday.  FAIL.  I was 15 minutes late to work in the lab and missed my morning swim workout.  I got home from work and completed my run workout, which consisted of a 35 minute foundation run followed by 4-20 second "relaxed sprints."   I had initially planned on going to the pool when it opened at around 7:30pm but knew I'd be pressed for time.  I was supposed to be ready by 9:15pm to leave for my friend's 21st birthday celebration.  Fail number #2.  I had now missed 2 workouts for the week.

Saturday morning, I woke up in hangover central thanks to that bottle of Belvedere.  I basically ended up laying in bed all day being a puddle and accomplishing absolutely nothing.  I finally mustered the strength to go downstairs and complete my bike workout, which was an hour and 30 minute foundation ride, but I did it on a stationary bike in my building's gym.  Hopefully this week, I'll develop the courage to take my actual bike out and ride around Baltimore.  Honestly, I think I'm mostly scared because I know nothing about bikes and I'm afraid I'll like get a flat or something.  Anyway, in my hour and a half ride I did exactly 23 miles, which is a slight improvement in pace from my first foundation ride.  (I also accomplished reading a chapter in my Human Sexuality textbook in an effort to study for my exam on Tuesday.  This isn't really relevant to my training but I just wanted to show my attempts to balance school, work, and training.)

Today, I have a swim workout and a foundation run.  I'm planning on heading to the pool in a little while to complete my swim workout and then running after my sorority meeting.  If only I could write my final papers as quickly and easily as I blog, maybe I'd have accomplished more than a very general outline of my paper that's due on Tuesday night. Oh well....Yay for all nighters! And now for my weekly tally:

Weeks in Training: 1
Missed swim workouts: 1
Missed bike workouts: 1
Missed run workouts: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment