Sunday, March 11, 2012

Officially done with Week One!

I successfully completed my first week but also since I actually did both a swim and run workout today, I completed my first two a day. Yay me! I did a 40 minute foundation run and a 7ish minute cool down and made it a little more than 4 miles. The only part of my body experiencing any funny business is my back but that's because I have a lingering back problem from 10 years of abusing my body with the sport of field hockey and refusing to ever develop abs.

Anyway, looking at the week ahead, I'm a little nervous.  I have an exam on Tuesday and two papers due on Friday, which is when I'll be driving back to NY.  Then on Saturday, I'll be on a plane to St. Maarten for Spring Break.  I must admit, relaxing in the sun and not working out for a whole week sounds tempting, but I know I'll regret it.  What I'm trying to do is two workouts a day Monday through Thursday, then one workout Friday morning before I drive to NY, leaving Saturday and Sunday workout free.  I figure I'll take Saturday off and do a short run (20 or 30 minutes) on Sunday to keep myself going.  Then try my very best to get at least 7 of my 9 workouts in throughout the week and leave 2 for Sunday when I'm back in Baltimore.

My thinking is that swimming won't be difficult on an island--it will just be open water swimming, which is good training.  The only problem is it will have to be timed rather than a measured distance and it will probably be a long swim rather than a set because that's pretty difficult in open water.  I can find a place to run that is relatively safe--I did last year in Barbados.  The biking, however, will have to be on a stationary bike, if they actually have one in the fitness center (fingers crossed).

Anyway, this is still a week away, but I can't stop dreaming about lying on a beach with a cool alcoholic beverage in my hand.  I feel like I'm in a Corona commercial haha.  I should probably get back to actually accomplishing work now! Goodnight!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment